Susan Marchioni, LMHC, PMH-C
A little about me........
I'm a proud mother of three adult children and a grandmother to one special little girl.
I'm a Massachusetts licensed psychotherapist, certified in perinatal mental health.
I'm a twice survivor of postpartum depression.
I support the emotional health and well-being of women during the perinatal period consisting of pregnancy, childbirth, and postpartum.
It is one of my greatest privileges to hold the sacred space of an excited, and slightly apprehensive expectant woman or a tender, uncertain new mom as she expresses her fears, reveals her vulnerabilities, shares her expectations, hopes and dreams, recounts her pregnancy journey, and shares her birth story. It is my profound pleasure to bear witness to this mother as she grows in confidence in her motherhood and emerges as a more empowered version of herself.
I counsel women through the grief of infant loss, traumatic pregnancy and birth, anxiety, depression, NICU experiences, and the grief that can result from life's natural and unexpected challenges.
Our work together is highly individualized and builds on a client's strengths and self-efficacy while developing a deeper sense of self and purpose. Treatment focus becomes acceptance, adaptation, and integration of this new aspect of self (mother) while learning how to move forward with reflection, confidence, and grace. Some of the treatment modalities used include psychotherapy, assessment of risk factors and symptoms, partner sessions, CBT, postpartum planning for when mom and baby return home, relaxation techniques, accessing coping skills, grief work, and if needed, a referral for a medication evaluation.
I’ve earned certifications and completed specialized trainings in the diagnosis and treatment of perinatal mental health disorders, paternal perinatal mental health, birth trauma, and complicated grief. I continue to develop both as a clinician and personally through attending relevant professional development seminars, workshops, and conferences.
I'm the mother of 3 incredibly talented adults and Gigi to 1 very busy, beautiful granddaughter. Lover of brownies. Nature. The sea. Pickleball. Time with family and friends. Smelly gyms.
- Massachusetts Licensed Mental Health Counselor
- Certified Perinatal Mental Health Counselor; Postpartum Support International
- Board Certified Telehealth Professional; Telebehavioral Health Institute
- Certificate of Completion in The Art of Holding Perinatal Women in Distress; The Postpartum Stress Center
- Maternal Mental Health Professional Certificate Training. Training provided by Postpartum Support International and 2020 Mom Project
- Complicated grief-informed counselor. Training completed at The Center for Complicated Grief, Columbia University, New York, NY
- MA in Counseling Psychology from Lesley University, Cambridge, MA